IMPACT EdTech will fund 17 EdTech start-ups and SMEs with up to €2.3M in a third Open Call
- On April 6, IMPACT EdTech is launching its third Open Call to select up to 17 educational start-ups/SMEs which will benefit from up to €197,388 equity free funding each.
- The call will remain open until June 30. Interested companies can apply through the IMPACT EdTech website.
- The IMPACT EdTech programme offers companies access to a 9-month incubation-acceleration programme, encompassing product development, activities to test market interest and piloting in real educational environments.
- The IMPACT EdTech programme has already successfully supported 26 companies selected out of the first Open Call and the Remote Schooling Open Call.
- IMPACT EdTech is organised within the framework of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme to boost innovation in education throughout Europe, led by European Schoolnet, ISDI Accelerator and FundingBox.
April 7th 2021.- IMPACT EdTech, the European incubator-accelerator that helps EdTech start-ups turn their ideas into market-ready products, launches its third and last Open Call to select 17 promising EdTech start-ups/SMEs to be supported with up to €197,388 equity-free funding and incubation-acceleration services adapted to their needs.
Until June 30 2021 at 13:00 CEST, EdTech disruptors providing solutions to educational challenges either targeting formal (school-based) compulsory education, or further formal and informal education can submit their applications through the project website
The Open Call targets start-ups/SMEs that address three specific challenges using digital technologies: inclusive education, personalised learning and skills development of learners.
The 17 selected companies will have the chance to participate in the 9-month incubation-acceleration cycle of IMPACT EdTech, during which they will be supported in developing the design of their Minimum Viable Products (MVP) by engaging with end-users and education experts, following a ‘pedagogy-first’ approach. This two-phase cycle will include, for the most promising projects, pre-acceleration activities to test the market interest and facilitate early deals, as well as short-cycle pilots to obtain the preliminary impact assessment data that investors and clients require.
All the selected solutions will have access to the incubation services and resources allocated during the Incubation Phase, while in the Acceleration Phase, divergent piloting pathways and resources will be adapted according to different different business models of the participating start-ups/SMEs.
Participants will take part in a rigorous and personalised training programme. Moreover, they will have access to:
- An international network of recognised mentors from companies such as Google, Airbnb, Ikea, Yahoo, Prisa or Microsoft, among others, led by the digital business school ISDI through ISDI Accelerator.
- Education mentors, experts and digital learning professionals, as well as Future Classroom Lab Validation Services led by European Schoolnet.
- Support in access to funding opportunities, knowledge and connections through specialised communities that are related to specific tech initiatives, led by FundingBox.
IMPACT EdTech is an incubation-acceleration programme funded by the European Commission via its Horizon 2020 programme, with the ambition of supporting up to 43 European EdTech disruptors with over €5.5M equity-free funding plus acceleration and mentoring services to bring their digital learning innovations into the market.
- More information about the project: https://www.impactedtech.eu/
- Applications can be submitted online at: https://impactedtech.fundingbox.com
- IMPACT EdTech helpdesk: https://spaces.fundingbox.com/spaces/impact-edtech-impact-edtech-3rd-open-call-q-a